Organic search engine optimization (SEO) takes time when you setup a new small business website, but that does not mean you have to wait to achieve higher search engine rankings. Of course you always have the option to purchase pay per click (PPC) search engine advertising, but there is another less expensive option to help you increase your search engine rankings in the short term. List your website in established higher ranked websites. When you list your new small business website in a higher ranked website, there are two immediate benefits: 1) The listing itself will initally rank higher than your own website and 2) You are creating a quality backlink to your website which will benefit you in the long run.
Here is a list of websites for you to consider.
- List your website in the local search engine lists like Google Places, Bing Local, and Yahoo Local.
- Manta, Merchant Circle, and Foursquare are additional websites where you can establish local listings.
- Create a presentation for one or more of your products or services and list it on SlideShare.
- Create a video about your company, your products, or your services, and link the video on YouTube.
- Setup a Company Profile on LinkedIn.
When you are setting up these listings, the key is to provide as much detail about your business as possible. List your address, contact information, and products and/or services in detail. Use the same keyword phrases you are targeting on your website, and you should see these listings appearing in the search engine rankings in a short amount of time.