Website Design and DevelopmentThere is no shortage of web design companies to choose from. What sets Wilkins Consulting apart from the competition is that we offer website development as part of our 3-Tiered Internet Marketing Strategy approach along with search engine optimization and internet social media marketing. If you are simply looking for a brochure site, then we can provide this for you, but we feel once you understand our complete internet marketing approach, you will view your website as a unique medium to reach out and connect with your prospective clients online.
Where We Begin
The first step in the process is analyzing your website, if you have one, as well as your competitor's sites. Then we combine the initial analysis with your business objectives to define a website that meets your needs. Examples of the questions we might include:
- Do you need to provide product and service support documents online for customers?
- What about your product and service offerings? Do you have a software download? Or do you have proprietary information that customers can sign-up to receive?
- How do you want your customers to reach you? Can you offer a Call Me Now which would require you to respond immediately? Or what about an online site operator that would allow you to interact with customers as they browse your site?
- What types of customer information do you need to collect so you can intelligently respond?
- What does the customer need to know about you so they will want to do business with you?
- How does your website link with your other online objectives such as social media marketing?
Layout and Design
The next stop in the process is laying out your website objectives as defined above into a smooth flowing design. And unless you are a graphic design or retail type company, we recommend you keep it simple. Content is king so we recommend you provide easy to read content which flows well throughout the site, is easy to update, and provides the prospective customer with a call to action to allow you to convert them to a paying customer. Leave the heavy, slow loading flash sites to your competitors.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
We will build your website in the correct manner allowing you to provide a convenient website experience to both your prospective clients as well as the search engines. The behind the scenes code is one of the three main components that will determine how well you rank in the search engines, and please visit our search engine optimization page to learn more.
One of the three main components that will determine how well you rank in the search engines is content management. Your content needs to be deep, and it needs to be updated often providing "fresh" content to your prospective customers. In addition you need to provide a call to action to persuade your prospective customer to interact with you. We provide two methods for ongoing content management of your site. Either we can update the site for you, or we can provide you with a content management backend console to allow you to update the site.
Intranet/Extranet DevelopmentDepending on your type of business, you may require an intranet or extranet.
An intranet is an internal password protected network that can be used to manage your business processes, disseminate companywide information, generate companywide reports, and much more.
- Do you have a services business with multiple checkpoints in the process such as development, job inception and the actual service process, finished job audits, and QA? Are you currently managing this process through an inefficient paper trail?
- Do you have multiple business locations with a need for online documentation and collaboration?
- Do you have a desire to go paperless and provide documentation to your employees online? Documents such as employee handbooks, internal newsletters, product and service marketing materials, employee contact info, employee announcements, etc.
If you have any of these needs, then an Intranet might be the right tool to take your business to the next level allowing you to drive efficiency throughout your organization with up-to-the minute checks and balances and interact with your employees like never before.
An extranet is secure external network that allows you to share and disseminate information to customers, vendors, partners, etc.
- Are you constantly sending proprietary information to your customers or partners that you could just as easily provide to them with an online login?
- Are you creating a product or service for your customer? If so you could allow them to login online and view the steps of the process to make changes and comments?
- Do you want to provide your customers or vendors with online billing information or just general information about the products and services they are purchasing from you?
If you have any of these needs, then an Extranet is another great way to drive efficiency and eliminate the time and effort of providing redundant information to your customers.
Contact us today to learn more about our website, intranet, and extranet design and development services.
Website Design Blog Postings
- Promote your social media network via your website
- Blog platforms available for your small business website
- Website design - improper use of images can get you in trouble
- Improve your e-commerce and/or website lead conversion rates
- 12 mistakes to avoid with your small business website design
- 21 tips to make your website more user friendly
- Add a comments section to your website
- Website design and development for the very small business
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Website Design - Keywords
- How to create a custom 404 error page
- Change the Font Size in the Kubrick Header